Support breast cancer survivors by donating and joining us in the Support Group Quilt and Cross Stitch Alongs. Lori Holt’s designs honor her mother, who survived breast cancer, with literal symbols of support, and we think they couldn’t be cuter! Read on to learn more about the charity we’re supporting and the details of the quilt and stitch along.
Support Group Quilt
Quilt Along Supplies
- Support Group Quilt Pattern OR Support Group Downloadable PDF Quilt Pattern
- Fabric of your choice (We are using Stitch by Lori Holt for Riley Blake Designs)
Support Group Cross Stitch
Stitch Along Supplies
- Support Group Cross Stitch Pattern by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet
- Lori Holt Support Group DMC Thread Pack
- Overcast Cloth
- Support Group Enamel Needle Minder
Supporting the National Breast Cancer Foundation
We are giving breast cancer awareness a strong push with the Support Group Stitch and Quilt Along. The Support Group cross stitch and quilt pattern by Lori Holt are a sweet nod to how good undergarments are like good friends – we show up during hard times to uplift and support each other! Take the plunge with us into this sew along to give breast cancer awareness the full coverage it needs.
Update on November 4, 2022: We are incredibly excited to announce that through our fundraising efforts for NBCF with ByAnnie’s SewPink initiative, Lori Holt’s Support Group, and Gina Tell’s quilt auction, we have raised $23,208!
We encourage you to donate $15 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation by October 31. Fat Quarter Shop and designer Lori Holt will match up to $5,000 of the donations raised. Together, we can reach our goal of $20,000 to help women at every step of the breast cancer journey. Check out our donation page and keep an eye out for the charity quilt auction coming after the quilt along wraps up.
Support Group Quilt and Stitch Along Schedule
If you want to follow along with us, show your work each week on social media with the relevant hashtags following the dates below. We’ll be there to encourage one another and celebrate the progress made each week! Join Kimberly each Friday on the Fat Quarter Shop Quilting Livestream’s to see her progress on the Support Group Quilt Along.
|Part||Cross Stitch Date||Quilt Date|
|1||October 5||October 7|
|2||October 12||October 14|
|3||October 19||October 21|
|4||October 26||October 28|
|Finishing||November 2||November 4|
We invited some friends to join us, and they’re sharing their progress along the way! You can follow them on social media for inspiration and tips.
Meet The Quilters:
- Amanda, (@graccieone)
- Amy Robertson, (@amyjohnstonrobertson)
- Anisa, The Crafty Author, (@thecraftyauthor)
- Becca, Sew Becca, (@sewbecca)
- Beverly McCullough, Flamingo Toes (@flamingotoes)
- Carol, (@cattrio4me)
- Carolina Moore, Always Expect Moore, (@craftmoore)
- Jamie, Sew Brainy Designs, (@sewbrainy)
- Tina Curtis, (@tina1802)
- Becky Thompson, Power Tools with Thread, (@powertoolswiththread)
- Pat Sloan, (@quilterpatsloan)
Meet The Stitchers:
- Chantelle Deimling, 141 Design Company (@chantelles141)
- Francine, Buffalo Flatts Quilt Co (@buffaloflattsquiltco)
- Jen Shavers, Molly Quinn & Co., (@mollyquinnco)
- Jessica Provost, Sweetwater Stitcher, (@sweetwaterstitcher)
- Haley, Haley Hamilton Art, (@hoopsbyhaley)
- Shari Butler, Doohikey Designs, (@doohikeydesigns)
- Kristin Esser, Simple Handmade Everyday, (@kristin_esser)
- Tia Richards, Calm Creations, (@calm._.creations)
Join us for Support Group!
As we begin this quilt and stitch along, we will keep you updated through social media and here on the blog! Be sure to follow along!