Last month, we released a new and easy way to make the classic Snail Trail quilt block using foundation paper to master the swirling shape and intricate piecing. We were so inspired by this incredible vintage design that we designed a free quilt pattern and wanted to invite you to join in the Spotted Snail Trail Quilt Along!
The Spotted Snail Trail Quilt Along supplies are listed below along with the schedule showing which blocks Kimberly will be sewing each week and when she plans to wrap everything up!
For those daunted by the design of these quilt blocks look no further than our Snail Trail Foundation Paper Piecing and Snail Trail Block Tutorial. Our video tutorial will guide you through everything you need to know and you can follow along with Kimberly in the video as you work.
- Spotted Snail Trail FREE PDF Quilt Pattern by Fat Quarter Shop
- Print Layer Cake (Kimberly is using Buttercup & Slate by Corey Yoder for Moda Fabrics)
- Background Layer Cake (Kimberly is using Coriander Seeds by Corey Yoder for Moda Fabrics)
- 6″ Snail Trail Quilt Block Foundation Paper
- Quick Press Seam Roller by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet
- Add a Quarter Ruler
- Water Soluble Glue Pen
- Fabric of choice for Backing, Sashing, and Borders (Kimberly is using Buttercup & Slate by Corey Yoder for Moda Fabrics)
You’re ready to get piecing once you’ve got your supplies, including the foundation paper! If you get stuck, refer to the directions on the paper piecing pad or back to Kimberly’s video tutorial to refresh your memory.
The Spotted Snail Trail Lap Quilt finishes as a 47.5″ square, and that is what Kimberly is making. The pattern also includes information for a Wall Hanging, Twin, and Queen Spotted Snail Trail Quilt as well.
Spotted Snail Trail Quilt Along Dates
Kimberly will be finishing the quilt up and sending it to the quilter the week of August 5. The Spotted Snail Trail Quilt Along kicks off today, June 2, and goes for nine weeks. We hope to spot you stitching along!
Join us and Share!
Share your Snail Trail blocks and quilt with us by using #SnailTrailFPP and your quilt along progress with #SpottedSnailTrailQAL by tagging @fatquartershop on Facebook or Instagram so we can see and share your work!