We’re celebrating our quilting community with a free block of the week quilt along called the Sewcialites Quilt Along. We’ve joined forces with 18 talented designers to bring you a free 38-week quilt along with amazing sampler blocks and sew many options! If you’re just joining us, you can find all of the details over on the Sewcialites Landing Page. We’re sewing up block #33 this week!
This week’s designer is Lori Holt! Lori is an amazing quilter, and she is also a talented pattern designer, author, and friend! Kimberly and Lori have been friends for 10 years, and their friendship and collaboration have brought us many incredible patterns and projects. If you’re ready to make this block, follow along with Kimberly for a tutorial in today’s video on the Fat Quarter Shop YouTube channel.
Sewcialites Quilt Along
We invited some FQS staffers to join
Sew Along Perks
Each month, you can enter to win a giveaway by posting your progress on Instagram using #SewcialitesQAL. Last month’s winners are @shilohsquilts and @donnavunderink on Instagram! They’ve been sewing along and sharing their blocks!
Next up we have a special prize bundle for you!
- Farm Girl Vintage 2 Book by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet (and it’s signed by Lori Holt!!)
- Bee Cross Stitch 2.5″ Rolie Polie by Lori Holt for Riley Blake Designs
- 6″ Sparkle Star Quilt Block Foundation Paper by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet for It’s Sew Emma
- Quick Press Seam Roller by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet for It’s Sew Emma
- Prim Sheep Enamel Needle Minder by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet for It’s Sew Emma
- Prim Star Enamel Needle Minder by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet for It’s Sew Emma
To enter to win, share photos of any one of your blocks #32-34 on Instagram with the #SewcialitesQAL and tag @fatquartershop. Post your photo by midnight on Tuesday, June 8. You can enter up to 3 times (once for each block)! We’ll pick a winner and announce them here on the blog on Friday, June 11.
Ready to chat? Meet us in the Sewcialites Lounge
Meet your fellow Sewcialites by joining the Sewcialites Lounge on Facebook (where we will also be posting weekly updates and where you can ask questions).
Follow us on Facebook, and Instagram for updates and share your progress with the #SewcialitesQAL hashtag so we can see and share your work. We hope to see you back here on the blog on Friday, May 28 for Block 33 of our Sewcialites Quilt Along!