We’ve been loving making pillows here at Fat Quarter Shop! We recently turned the adorable Aunt Martha’s Dirty Laundry Embroidered Dish Towels we saw at fall market this year into a pillow in this blog post and we’re making another pillow with the Happy Farm Girl Cross Stitch by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet. This pillow is the perfect way to display your cross stitch and decorate your home!
Materials you will need
- Happy Farm Girl Cross Stitch Pattern (see how to make your cross stitch with this blog post)
- Happy Farm Girl AuriFloss Thread Pack, DMC Thread Pack or Bee Basics AuriFloss Thread Box
- Burlap 18″ x 18″ Vintage Cross Stitch Cloth
- 22” x 22” Pillow
- 1.5 yards of SKU# C7873-Cottage from Farm Girl Vintage by Lori Holt for Riley Blake Designs
- Beekeeper Thread Minder
- Floss Flower Thread Bobbins
How to turn your Cross Stitch into a Pillow
1. Make the Happy Farm Girl Cross Stitch Pattern. We have the new Bee Keeper Thread Minder and Floss Flower Thread Bobbins to help you keep you threads in place, untangled and organized (to see more of their versatility, check out our Beekeeper and Floss Flower video).
2. Trim down your stitch piece to measure 14.5” x 14.5”.
3. Cut two 4.5” x 14.5” rectangles and add one to each side of your stitched piece. Cut two 4.5” x 22.5” rectangles to add to the top and bottom of your square. Press away from the stitched piece.
4. Cut two 22.5” x 28” rectangles. Fold both in half with wrong sides together.
5. Overlap both rectangles 5” with folds in the center. Pin in place.
6. Lay both sides on top of each other, right sides together, and trim away any excess. You should have both sides measuring 22.5″ x 22.5″.
7. With right sides facing together, layer the pillow top with the pillow back and use a 1/4″ seam and zig zag stitch to sew around the edges.
8. Turn the pillow case right sides out and insert the pillow form.
And that’s it, you have a completed Happy Farm Girl Cross Stitch Pillow! This pillow is a perfect accent piece for any room and you can use this to adorable pillow display any cross-stitch pattern!
Share and connect with us!
We hope you decide to make this adorable cross stitch pillow and if you do, be sure to hashtag #happyfarmgirl and #crossstitch and tag us (@fatquartershop) and Lori (@beelori1) so we can see and share your work. And all of these images can be repinned on Pinterest so you can share this project with your friends or save it for later!
Happy Cross Stitching!