We saw some adorable dish towels at Quilt Market this year in Houston and knew we just had to have them! The Aunt Martha’s Dirty Laundry Embroidered Dish Towels display fun and quirky sayings in gorgeous embroidered designs on a very functional surface. We decided to go beyond dishes and extend the functionality of the towel by turning it into a pillow! The Dish Towel Pillow displays the fun saying on the embroidered dish towel and is a great piece to accent any room or give as a gift.
Here’s what you’ll need to make you Dish Towel Pillow:
- 12″ pillow form
- Creative Grids 7.5″ Quilting Square Ruler
- Dish Towel (we used the Homemade with Love Embroidered Dish Towel)
- 1/2 yard of fabric to cover pillow (we used SKU# C7871-DENIM in the Farm Girl Vintage collection by Lori Holt for Riley Blake Designs)
- Ric Rac (we used Cloud Large Vintage Trim Spool)
- 1/4 yard binding (we used SKU# C7883-DENIM in the Farm Girl Vintage collection by Lori Holt for Riley Blake Designs)
DIY Tea Towel Pillow Tutorial
2. Cut two 2.5″ x 7.5″ rectangles of your chosen fabric and add one to each side of your dish towel square. Cut two 2.5″ x 11.5″ rectangles to add to the top and bottom of your square. Press away from the dish towel square.
3. Cut two 11.5” x 17.5″ rectangles. Fold both in half with wrong sides together.
4. Overlap both rectangles 5″ with folds in the center.
5. Baste around the edge 1/8″ away from the edge.
6. Add the Ric Rac trim to the pillow. Align the edge of ric rac to edge of pillow and trim to fit. Sew into place.
9. Insert the pillow and fluff out to desired style.
And that’s it! You have a gorgeous, completely customize-able pillow that fits every personality!
Share with #DIYDishTowelPillow
Be sure to join us on Pinterest here and give us a follow! All of the images on this post can be re-pinned so be sure to save the DIY Dish Towel Pillow project to share with your friends or save for later!