Home is where everything we love is! Today, we wanted to share our newest stitch along Home Is Where The Wreath Is by Stitching With The Housewives. It is a customizable project with the letter “O” being an interchangeable wreath.
The wreath included in the main Home Is Where the Wreath Is Pattern is the main design that can be swapped with the themed designs to match the season. Wreath Swap 1, a collection of six wreath designs, and Wreath Swap 2, a collection of six wreath designs, are available now.
Cross Stitch Supplies
To stitch along with Kimberly, you’ll need:
- Cross Stitch Patterns
- Home Is Where the Wreath Is
- Wreath Swap 1
- And Wreath Swap 2 (which will release later this week)
- Cross Stitch Floss
- We have a Home Is Where The Wreath Is Complete Classic Colorworks Fancy Floss Thread Pack to stitch up all three patterns!
- Instead of stitching with Classic Colorworks 12-Grain, Kimberly is using Classic Colorworks Bamboo, which is what we’ve included in the thread pack
- Cross Stitch Cloth
- Kimberly is stitching on Chalkboard Black 14 Count Aida by Wichelt (You’ll need a total of 4 pre-packs)
- If you want to stitch more like Priscilla and Chelsea, we recommend Black 28 Count Jobelan by Wichelt (You’ll need a total of 4 pre-packs)
Stitch Along Schedule
The Home Is Where the Heart Is Stitch Along will go from May 2022 through May 2023. To see which pattern we are stitching each month, you can download the Home Is Where the Heart Is Stitch Along Schedule or see it below.
Kimberly will be stitching the letters H, M, and E and the first wreath as part of FQS Stitch May-nia.
Join Us & Share with #HomeIsWhereTheWreathIsSAL
We hope to see you stitching along every month. Share your projects with us on social media with #HomeIsWhereTheWreathIsSAL and tag @fqsxstitch so we can see and share your work!
Can you provide a dmc list for Home is where the wreath is because I cannot afford the Classic Colorworks floss pack?
Hi Kim! Be sure to check our product details section on any patterns you want to use DMC for when we use Classic Colorworks. We try to include those.
For this one we suggest DMC 988 and 5 skeins of DMC 3865 for those wanting DMC over Classic Colorworks.
Would Night Sky 14 count aida from Fiber on a Whim be an ok swap for the black/chalkboard fabric?
The other one I was looking at is the Shadow 14 count aida from Picture this Plus?
If both would be ok, would one of them be a better option?
Thanks for your help!
Night Sky would probably work nicely!
Happy Stitching 🙂
What color DMC would match Bamboo?
We listed the DMC matches in the product description and replied with the above to Kim Fillmore.
Thank you so much for your help!😊
Of course! Happy to help out 🙂
Where do we find the frame that she used?
Hi again Elizabeth!
You can find this frame at Hobby Lobby.
The SKU# is 1607266 and here’s the link:
How much of the black and white check fabric do you need for this project?
Hello Susan! We would recommend getting about a 1/2 yard of fabric.