There is nothing better than finding a cute, new sewing project! It’s even better when it’s fun and easy! The Gadget Cushion by Quiltsmart fits the bill. With the holiday gift giving season coming up, the Gadget Cushion would be a great handmade gift for anyone on your list.
To make a Gadget Cushion you need:
- One Gadget Cushion Interfacing Panel by Quiltsmart (SKU# QS40003)
- Fat Quarter of fabric (Smitten Aqua Lovely Yardage SKU# 55177-12)
- Fabric Glue (Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Permanent Fabric Adhesive SKU# 32137)
- Coordinating Thread (50wt Aurifil Medium Mint SMALL Thread SKU# MK50-2835-Small)
- Stuffing (Poly Pellets Weighted Stuffing Beads by Fairfield SKU# PP246 or Ground Walnut Shells by Yarn Tree SKU# 4415)
- Rotary Cutter
Quiltsmart has a great video tutorial to help make your first Gadget Cushion.
We’ve also provided some pictures of the process …
Here’s a few pictures of the Gadget Cushion at work, just because we couldn’t get enough … we made two!
Share with #GadgetCushions
Be sure to share your projects using #GadgetCushions and tag us (@fatquartershop) so we can see and share your work!
Fabulous! And sew pretty!
I need this! Clever!
I have tired several times to order the interfacing, it always makes a comment not enough ordered. How many do you have to order to get the order placed. Help I would love to make some for Christmas.
Hi Patt! Can you provide your email address to have Customer Service contact you to help with your order?
Gracias por el tutorial, me encanta!!!
So glad you liked the tutorial! I’m sorry we sold out of the Gadget Cushion panel so quickly! We should have some back in stock soon. Sign up for alerts on the product to be notified when it’s back in the store.
I just made this for my mom, a huge quilter/sewer. Thank you for this easy to follow tutorial, it was SO easy to follow!! Now I want to make more !!