A very special day for all the moms and mother figures out there is coming up – Mother’s Day! Get your mom the perfect gift that she definitely needs: a good night’s rest. What better way to ensure a great sleep than with an eye mask! This mask is so easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes. It’s fully customizable too so you can make these especially unique for the wonderful mom in your life!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- FREE Printed Sleep Mask Template
- 1 – 4” x 8 1⁄2” rectangle of batting (we recommend Happy Cloud Batting)
- 2 – 4” x 8 1⁄2” rectangles of fabric (front and back) – We used:
- 1 – 2” x 4” rectangle of fabric (optional eyelash applique)
- 1 – 2” x 4” rectangle of Heat n’ Bond (optional for eyelash applique)
- 1 – 1” x 13 1⁄2” piece of elastic (knit elastic, adjust to comfort)
- Point Turner
- Frixion Pen
How to make the Sleep Mask
1. Using your Frixion Pen, trace the template onto the wrong side of one 4” x 8 1⁄2” rectangle.
2. With right side up, layer the remaining 4″ x 8 1⁄2“ rectangle with the batting rectangle.
3. Align your elastic to the center and pin in place to secure it.
4. With right sides together, sandwich your rectangles with the elastic inside. Pin in place.
5. Stitch on the drawn line leaving a 2” opening at the top of the mask. Backstitch at the start and finish.
6. Trim mask 1⁄4” away from stitch line.
7. Turn the sleep mask right side out using the point turner.
8. Press the opening under approximately 1⁄4” and stitch closed. You can top stitch 1/8″ around the edge of the mask for a finished look.
9. Fuse the eyelash fabric to your Heat n’ Bond.
10. Trace the Left and Right Eyelash Templates onto your fabric and cut out.
11. Remove paper and fuse eyelashes to the mask. Keep your iron away from the elastics because they can melt.
And that’s it! You have a wonderful sleep mask to give the best gift of all – a good night’s sleep!
Share with #DIYSleepMask
Be sure to join us on Pinterest here and give us a follow! All of the images on this post can be re-pinned so be sure to save the DIY Sleep Mask to share with your friends or save for later!