It’s almost the most wonderful time of the year, but in the run up to Christmas it’s really time to panic (just a little) about the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas seems to creep up earlier and earlier each year, and if you have gifts for your family and friends all sorted, kudos! But if you (or your partner, hint hint) could use some help with gifts for your crafty crew, I’ve got you. These gift ideas for cross stitchers will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy (and calm!) this holiday season.
Here is my Cross Stitch Holiday Gift Guide with my personal favorite cross stitch notions that double as great holiday gifts.
Cross Stitch Organization
I am an organized person by nature, but it’s especially true when I cross stitch. With so many amazing projects and so little time, I keep track of all of my projects and schedule my stitching with my Cross Stitch Journal. I use Floss Flower Thread Bobbins to keep my floss organized, and now my brand new Stitchy FlossBitties! I love the FlossBitties because I can prep my floss, secure it with a quick loop, and go. Organization doesn’t have to be cute, but with these fun organization tools, why not!
- The Cross Stitch Journal by It’s Sew Emma
- Stitchy FlossBitties Floss Drops by It’s Sew Emma
- Floss Flower Thread Bobbins and Label Set by Lori Holt
Cross Stitch Finishing Supplies
As much as I love cross stitch, we all know it’s not done until it’s fully finished! Keeping cross stitch finishing supplies stocked up will keep you stitching WIPs into FFOs all year long. The It’s Sew Emma Cross Stitch Finishing Tape makes mounting easy – the width is just right, especially for smaller projects. I love to label my cross stitch finishes with the Library Card Labels by Lori Holt, such a cute, classic way to commemorate your projects, and it’s made with archival quality acid-free paper. If you’re going to finish a project, make sure to finish with style!
Cute Needle Minders
Magnetic needle minders are just the thing to keep your needle ready and your fingers prick-free! And with all the cute needle minders out there now, a serious stitcher can never have too many. (You actually need one needle minder per WIP – that’s a legal requirement from the Cross Stitch Police.) The Prim Sheep Needle Minder is one of my favorites as it’s large enough to hold my scissors too! Another favorite is the Serendipity Needle Minder, it’s a wonderful gift to give to a friend who plans to participate in the Serendipity 2021 Charity Stitch Along. (If you don’t know about it yet, I invite you to join us!) Of course we have tons of needle minders, so you’re bound to find the right ones for your stitchy BFFs.
Perfect Project Bags
Just like needle minders, I need project bags – lots of project bags. Each WIP and its supplies gets its own project bag so I can easily grab and go whatever I need for the day. I love to use the Gingham on the Go Bags because you can see through them (and stitch on them too!), and the new Stitching with the Housewives Project Bag is just darling! The Prim Project Bag and Stitching with the Housewives Tote Bag are roomy enough for your bigger projects or to store multiple projects together for long trips. My motto is, no matter how many bags a cross stitcher has, you could probably use one more! Or two, or three…
- Stitching with the Housewives Tote Bag
- Prim Project Bag by Lori Holt
- Gingham on the Go 3-Piece Project Bag Set by It’s Sew Emma
- Stitching with the Housewives Project Bag
Cross Stitch Fabrics
The very first thing you need to start any cross stitch is fabric, so having a stash of cross stitch fabrics handy is such a must! When I want to start my next pattern, I can just pull from my stash and get started right away. (Then I order some more fabric to replace that piece, it’s a vicious addiction.) Here is a list of my absolute staples, cross stitch fabrics and colors that I can’t do without.
- Barley 25 Count Lugana by Lori Holt for Zweigart
- Lambswool 14 Count Aida by Wichelt Imports
- Chalkboard Black 14 Count Aida by Wichelt Imports
- Overcast 25 Count Lugana by Lori Holt for Zweigart
The Stitch Quarterly Subscription
This is the ultimate gift, and it’s really a one-size-fits-all! The Stitch Quarterly Subscription is the gift that keeps on giving. Every three months, a full project set automatically ships out containing a brand new never-before-seen pattern and the cloth, floss and needle you need to make it, as well as a bonus notion. It comes in a cute exclusive project bag, tied with a ribbon like the sweet gift it is.
Must-Have Cross Stitch Notions
Besides fabric and floss, these cross stitch notions are a must-have! They are the stitching accessories you never knew you needed, and once you try them you’ll never go back. From my favorite needles and thread scissors to magnifying light and design boards, these are my ride-or-die stitching support tools. I have multiples packed up in my project bags, and I use them daily.
- Q-Snap 8″ x 8″ Needlework Frame
- Bitty Design Boards by Lori Holt
- Cross Stitch Key by It’s Sew Emma
- Pat’s Favorite Needles Size 26
- Omnigrid 4″ Needlecraft Scissors
- Cross Stitch Line Keepers by It’s Sew Emma
- Halo Go Rechargeable Table Magnifier
- Fat Quarter Shop Gift Certificate
And that’s my list, I hope you find it helpful during your holiday hunt! For my quilty crew, I haven’t forgotten you! Check out my Quilting Holiday Gift Guide tomorrow on the blog for some gift ideas or head over to the Quilting Holiday Gift Guide and Cross Stitch Holiday Gift Guide at Fat Quarter Shop.
Holiday Gift Guide Giveaway
Please join me on Wednesday, November 4 at 9 AM CT on the Fat Quarter Shop’s FlossTube channel where I will talk more about these items in depth PLUS a special giveaway! You can enter to win my top 12 holiday gifts by participating below.
1. The Cross Stitch Journal by It’s Sew Emma
2. Cross Stitch Key by It’s Sew Emma
3. Cross Stitch Line Keepers by It’s Sew Emma
4. Gingham on the 3-Piece Project Bag Set by It’s Sew Emma
5. Stitching with the Housewives Project Bag
6. Floss Flower Thread Bobbins and Label Set by Lori Holt
7. Pat’s Favorite Tapestry Needles Size 26
8. 14ct Chalkboard Black Aida by Wichelt
9. Denim Orange Peel 7″ Square Bitty Design Board by Lori Holt
10. Prim Sheep Enamel Needle Minder by Lori Holt
11. Halo Go Rechargeable Table Magnifier
12. Omnigrid 4″ Needlecraft Scissors
Enter your email or sign in with Facebook to get started and earn entries by completing the actions below! The giveaway ends on Wednesday, November 11 at 9 AM CT. The winner will be notified by email. Good luck!