At long last, we’re ready for our next Halloween Mystery quilt along and stitch along! Beginning July 5, we’ll release a FREE Boo Crew quilt and cross stitch pattern each week for four weeks. Kimberly will guide you in sewing this quilt, so if you’re new to quilting (or want some company while you sew), this is a great place to start!
Each Tuesday from July 5-26, we will release a video tutorial on the Fat Quarter Shop YouTube Channel with a FREE quilt block pattern and cross stitch pattern. Join Kimberly as she guides you through cutting, stitching, and sewing a new block each week!
We won’t reveal the look of the quilt or cross stitch pattern until the very end. We’re sharing the very first part, but the rest is a secret. Bookmark this page, check back each week for updates, and subscribe to the Fat Quarter Shop YouTube Channel, so you never miss a new release.
Boo Crew Quilt
The quilt finishes at 33.5″ x 35.5″. If you want to sew a spooky version like ours, grab the Mystery Boo Crew Quilt Kit (due to start shipping to those who have reserved it on or by June 24), which includes fabric for the top, binding, and backing!
See all the supplies for this sew along. Head to the Boo Crew supplies page for the products you will need.
An alternate background fabric option is this Bella Solids Gray (SKU# 9900-83).
Boo Crew Cross Stitch
The Boo Crew cross stitch measures 200w x 70h, finishing as a 14.375″ x 5″ rectangle when stitched on 14 count Aida! If you want to use a different cloth, try using our free Cross Stitch Calculator to find the size you need.
The Boo Crew Cross Stitch piece will be stitched in sections as we reveal a new portion of the pattern each week. Our Halloween-themed mystery quilt inspired this design, so give this pattern a go if you want a matching set.
To make your cross stitch just like ours, visit the Boo Crew supplies page.
Boo Crew Pattern Releases
Please note for the cross stitch pattern that there are elements higher than the B. We have marked the midline of the design on the pattern with arrows and skipped down stitches above the B to account for the rest of the design. Please consider the blank spaces above the B as part of the design when planning your start point.
There are two ways to approach this:
1) Mark your margins and then fold your cloth in half at the margin lines and go by the midline we have marked on the pattern with arrows
2) Mark your top margin and then count down 21 stitches to start your B, the space above the B accounts for the rest of the design
Tuesday, July 5
Tuesday, July 12
Tuesday, July 19
We invited some friends to join us, and they’re sharing their progress along the way! You can follow them on social media for inspiration and tips.
Meet The Quilters:
- Amanda, (@graccieone)
- Amira, The Little Mushroom Cap (@amira_littlemushroomcap)
- Barbara Groves, Me & My Sister Designs (@meandmysisterdesigns)
- Beverly McCullough, Flamingo Toes (@flamingotoes)
- Francine, Buffalo Flatts Quilt Co (@buffaloflattsquiltco)
- Melanie Call, A Bit of Scrap Stuff (@abitofscrapstuff)
- Pat Sloan (@quilterpatsloan)
- Reece Ortolani, Hurricane Quilty Stitches (@hurricanereecequiltystitches)
- Colleen and Cheryl, Stitching with the Sisterlies, (@stitching_with_the_sisterlies)
Meet The Stitchers:
- Becca Murphy, SamBrie Stitches (@sambriestitches)
- Chantelle Deimling, 141 Design Company (@chantelles141)
- Christine Slaughter, Stitch ALL the Things (@stitchallthethings)
- Natalia, The Red Thimble (@theredthimble)
- Olivia Gust, Pumpkin Hollow Quilts (@pumpkinhollowquilts)
- Valerie, Stitching in the Barn (@stitchinginthebarn)
Join us for Boo Crew!
Share the badge above to show you’re participating in the Boo Crew Quilt and Stitch Along. EVERYONE can sew and stitch along! To join in, all you have to do is come back to this blog each week to download the mystery patterns and gather your supplies.
Keep up with us by following the hashtags #BooCrewQAL and #BooCrewSAL on Instagram to see and share work from your fellow quilters and stitchers. Don’t forget to tag @fatquartershop and @fqsxstitch, so we don’t miss seeing your spooky creations.
All this fun starts on Tuesday, July 5. We’ll see you then!