A new Lori Holt cross stitch pattern is on the block! We’re stitching along to Prim Village by Lori Holt and we’d love for you to join us. Like they say, it takes a village! The Prim Village is a charming neighborhood of cross stitched homes in all the pretty rainbow colors, but with a vintage twist! If you love quilting as well as cross stitch, the cute quilt blocks included in the pattern are a perfect addition.
Kimberly will be stitching a section each week for 15 weeks from March 4 to June 10, 2020. She’s stitching on cloth voted on by our FlossTube viewers! Thanks for helping her decide. She’ll be stitching with Overcast 25 Ct. Lugana by Lori Holt. Prim Village is also available in a Quilt Kit if you’ve got to have both in your home. We wouldn’t blame you!
The Lori Holt Prim Village Cross Stitch pattern comes with full-color instructions, diagrams and supply list, including suggested DMC and AuriFloss colors. A cute Prim Village enamel charm is included too, and it is the perfect size for a zipper-pull on your cross stitch bag. Lori Holt released the Prim AuriFloss Box with all the floss colors you need, exclusive to Fat Quarter Shop!
The cross stitch pattern includes charts for the Large Prim Village and Small Prim Village and is designed to work on 25ct Lugana cloth. Large Prim Village finishes at 11.75″ x 12″ and Small Prim Village finishes at 3″ x 5″ on 25 Ct. Lugana. The Large Prim Village is designed to fit Lori Holt’s Large Square Vintage Frame and Small Prim Village is designed to fit a 4″ x 6″ frame. Lori finished her design with a frame hand-painted in Chalky Chicks Pitchfork Paint and sanded it down for a vintage look.
Cross Stitch Supplies
Here is what you will need to make the Large Prim Village Cross Stitch:
- Lori Holt’s Prim Village Cross Stitch Pattern
- Cross Stitch Cloth:
- Lori Holt’s Prim AuriFloss Box
- Cross Stitch Needles (we recommend the Tapestry Nifty Needles Tube by Lori Holt or Pat’s Favorite Tapestry Needles Size 26)
- Q Snap 11″ x 17″ Needlework Frame
- Lori Holt’s Large Square Vintage Frame
- Lori Holt’s Chalky Chicks paint for your frame
This small Prim Village home was finished with a 4″ x 6″ Hobby Lobby frame.
Prim Village SAL Schedule
Every Wednesday at 9 AM CST (see schedule below for Livestream dates), Kimberly will be showing her progress on her Prim Village stitches and showing her tips on making this pattern on our FlossTube channel. You’ll want to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any updates! You can watch our FlossTube episodes live or catch them afterward. Here is the full schedule:
Prim Village Cross Stitch Along Schedule
|2||First House in Row One||March 11|
|3||Second House in Row One||March 18|
|4||Third House in Row One||March 25|
|5||Fourth House in Row One||April 1|
|6||Quilt Patchwork||April 8|
|7||First House in Row Two||April 15|
|8||Second House in Row Two||April 22|
|9||Third House in Row Two||April 29|
|10||Fourth House in Row Two||May 6|
|11||Quilt Patchwork||May 13|
|12||First House in Row Three||May 20|
|13||Second House in Row Three||May 27|
|14||Third House in Row Three||June 3|
|15||Fourth House in Row Three||June 10|
Each Prim Village pattern sold will come with an exclusive Prim Village charm! Kimberly keeps hers on her cross stitch bag as a cute zipper pull. The charm is available exclusively with the pattern.
Along with the live Flosstubes each week, we will be having weekly giveaways open to everyone participating. Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Follow both @FQSXStitch on Instagram and Lori (@beelori1) on Instagram
- Make the section of the pattern for that week and share it to Instagram by next date (ex. for the first section, Week 1 – get started on the first row and share a photo of it to Instagram by March 10 at Noon CST).
- Use the hashtag #PrimVillageSAL and make sure your Instagram is a public profile so we can see your work.
- Follow FQSXStitch on Facebook
- Make the section of the pattern for that week and share it to Facebook by next date (ex. for the first section, Week 1 – get started on the first row and share a photo of it to Facebook by March 10 at Noon CST).
- Use the hashtag #PrimVillageSAL and make sure your Facebook post is visible by others so we can see your work.
And that’s it! We will be giving away a $25 FQS gift card to one lucky winner each week (*Winners will be chosen at random from either social platform. Winners will be contacted by FQS to get prize delivery details).
Be sure to grab your materials and tune into our YouTube channel on Wednesday, March 4, for the very first Prim Village Stitch Along session!
Share yours with #PrimVillageSAL
You’ll also want to keep up with us on Facebook and Instagram at @fqsxstitch with #PrimVillageSAL! If you share your progress with the hashtag, we’ll be able to see and share it. Note: accounts set to private will not be visible to us, even with the hashtag.