Lori Holt’s latest cross stitch pattern, Bringing Home the Tree, commemorates a wonderful holiday pastime. Do you remember piling into the car and heading out on your annual Christmas tree farm trip? The whole family got together to pick just the right tree that you would all later gather around and decorate for the Holidays. Let’s relive this fun tradition with the Bringing Home the Tree Cross Stitch Along!
Because we know you’re going to want one of these in time for the holidays, Kimberly is kicking off the cross stitch along with the Bringing Home the Tree pattern on Wednesday, November 13. The stitch along will continue weekly through to December 11, with a break during the week of Thanksgiving!
Lori stitched her Bringing Home the Tree cross stitch in White Silver Sparkles 14 count Aida for a festive flair.
The Bringing Home the Tree Cross Stitch pattern comes with full-color instructions, diagrams, and a supply list, including suggested DMC and AuriFloss colors. It is printed on durable 11” x 17” cardstock.
Materials you will need
Here is what you will need to make the Bringing Home the Tree Cross Stitch:
- Lori Holt’s Bringing Home the Tree Cross Stitch Pattern
- Cross Stitch Thread We recommend either of the following:
- Whitewash Rustic Wood Wall Frame 8″ x 10″
For 14ct Aida
- Cross Stitch Cloth White Silver Sparkles 14 count Aida Cross Stitch Fabric (as shown in photo) or choose a 14 count white cloth that is approximately 4″ larger on all sides than the pattern finishes (on 14ct, that’s 7.25″ x 9.25″)
- Cross Stitch Needles (we recommend Pat’s Favorite Tapestry Needles Size 26 or John James Size 26 Tapestry Petites Gold Plated Needles)
- Q Snap 11″ x 11″ Needlework Frame
For 10ct Vintage Cloth
- Cross Stitch Cloth Daisy 10 count Vintage Cloth 17″ x 17″ (If you’re stitching on 10 ct Vintage Cloth, your pattern will finish at 10″ x 12.75″)
- Cross Stitch Needles (we recommend the Tapestry Nifty Needles Tube by Lori Holt or Bohin Tapestry Needles Size 24)
- Q Snap 11″ x 17″ Needlework Frame
For 25ct Lugana
- Oatmeal 25 Count Lugana 18″ x 18″ Vintage Cross Stitch Cloth (If you’re stitching on 25ct Lugana, your pattern will finish at 7.75″ x 10.25″)
- Cross Stitch Needles (we recommend the John James Size 26 Tapestry Petites Gold Plated Needles)
- Q Snap 11″ x 11″ Needlework Frame
Bringing Home the Tree Cross Stitch Along Schedule
Every Wednesday at 9 AM CST, with the exception of Wednesday, November 27, Kimberly will be stitching one piece of the Bringing Home the Tree Cross Stitch Pattern and showing her tips on making this pattern on our Youtube channel. You can watch our FlossTube episodes live or catch them afterward. Here is the full schedule:
|2||Center Left – Car||November 20|
|3||Center Right – Trees||December 4|
Introducing the Bringing Home the Tree Cross Stitch Pattern
If you are reading this via email, please click here to view the video.
Along with the live Flosstubes every Wednesday, we will be having weekly giveaways open to everyone participating. Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Follow both @FQSXStitch on Instagram and Lori (@beelori1) on Instagram
- Make the section of the pattern for that week and share it to Instagram by the next date (ex. for the first section, Week 1 – stitch the bottom section and share a photo of it to Instagram by November 19 at 11:59 PM CST).
- Use the hashtag #fqsbringinghomethetree and make sure your Instagram is a public profile so we can see your work.
- Follow FQSXStitch on Facebook
- Make the section of the pattern for that week and share it to Facebook by next date (ex. for the first section, Week 1 – stitch the top left quadrant and share a photo of it to Facebook by November 19 at 11:59 PM CST).
- Use the hashtag #fqsbringinghomethetree and make sure your Facebook post is visible by others so we can see your work.
And that’s it! We will be giving away a $25 FQS gift card to one lucky winner each week (*Winners will be chosen at random. Winners will be contacted by FQS to get prize delivery details).
Be sure to grab your materials and tune into our YouTube channel on Wednesday, November 13, for the very first Bringing Home the Tree Stitch Along session!
On the instructions for Facebook, you say section A is too left. Shouldn’t it be bottom section?