Is it really July?? We are halfway through the year and two-thirds of the way through the Bella Skillbuilder quilt!
We have loved seeing all of your progress so far, and we have a Facebook Group for you to share photos of your blocks with other quilters. Now who’s ready to take on Block 6, Courthouse Steps?
Bella Skillbuilder Month 6 – Courthouse Steps
Courthouse Steps uses your Fabric A, B, C, D, E and F, and we made ours with the Creative Grids 6″ Log Cabin Trim Tool. You do not need this ruler to complete July’s block, but it is that extra step we love for perfect results!
Time to grab our Bella Skillbuilder Quilt Kits and press play with our friend and the Bella Skillbuilder quilt designer Sherri McConnell from A Quilting Life! Download the free July 2017 pattern and let’s get going!
If you’re just joining us now, you can find all the information and patterns from previous months at our Bella Skillbuilder Quilt Along page!
Some of our quilty friends have hopped on the Bella board to learn some new quilty tips and tricks! Be sure to check out their blogs throughout the next 9 months for more Skillbuilder fun!
- Paula from The Sassy Quilter
- Leanne from She Can Quilt
- Cindy from Live a Colorful Life
- Erin from Sew at Home Mummy
- Erin from Why Not Sew
- Connie from Freemotion by the River
- Lisa from In the Boon Docks
- Marni from Haberdashery Fun
- Natalia from Piece and Quilt
- Julie from 627 Handworks
- Megan from Canoe Ridge Creations
- Amy from Amy’s Creative Side
- Kim from Persimon Dreams
- Patty from Elm Street Quilts
- Denise from Pieced Brain Quilts
- Kaye from Miss Print
- Melissa from Happy Quilting Melissa
- Charise from Charise Creates
- Melanie from Mostly Crafty
- Dana from Old Red Barn Co.
- Kristen from Three in the Nest
- Vickie from Spun Sugar Quilts
Thank you so very much for your tutorials. They are fun to watch and help learn techniques
Wondering why the color peach keeps coming up in these blocks? It wasn’t in the fabric list in the beginning.
Hi Gretchen! Sorry for the confusion. Peach is the same as Tea Rose, which is in the initial fabric requirements list: https://blog.fatquartershop.com/bella-skill-builder.html
Is there any way to rearrange the courthouse steps so that they don’t look quite so swastika-ish? They kind of creep me out.
Hi Sue, if you want to change up the block layout, one easy way is to arrange them so they face the same direction and do not alternate. Or you can swap another same size block in that spot.