Are you thinking about starting cross-stitch but are intimidated by it? Or are you a seasoned cross-stitcher looking for a new project? We have all of you covered! Starting this Wednesday, January 30, Kimberly will be starting a beginner friendly cross-stitch stitch along, the Quilter’s Cottage Stitch Along. Every Wednesday (we will be skipping one for Spring Break and the February 7 Flosstube will be a Thursday) from January 30 to April 10, Kimberly will be stitching along with Lori Holt of A Bee in my Bonnet’s newest pattern, the Quilter’s Cottage Cross Stitch Pattern. She will be giving her tips and tricks to making this beginner friendly cross-stitch pattern during her weekly Flosstube. We will also be giving away prizes each week so be sure to read to the bottom to see how to enter!
Materials you will need
Here is what you will need to make the Quilter’s Cottage Cross Stitch:
- Quilter’s Cottage Cross Stitch Pattern
- Burlap 18″ x 18″ 10 Count Vintage Cross Stitch Cloth
- We have a limited quantity of the burlap cloth, and once they are gone, it will be a while before we can restock!
- Cross Stitch Thread (we recommend either of the following)
- Cross Stitch Needles (we recommend the Tapestry Nifty Needles Tube by Lori Holt or Bohin Tapestry Needles Size 24
- Q Snap 11″ x 11″ Needlework Frame
- Rustic Off-White Picture Frame (affiliate link)
Cross Stitch Along Schedule
Every Wednesday (with the exception of March 20), Kimberly will be stitching one piece of the Quilter’s Cottage Cross Stitch Pattern and showing her tips and tricks on making this pattern. The Quilter’s Cottage Stitch Along will be a part of the Flosstube videos on our Youtube channel. Here is the full schedule:
|Week||Section Letter||Section||Flosstube Date|
|2||B||Alphabet||February 7 (Thursday)|
|3||C||Fence post + Quilt Block||February 13|
|4||D||Quilt Block 2||February 20|
|5||E||Quilt Block 3||February 27|
|6||F||Flowers + Cobblestone||March 6|
|7||G||Grass + Trees||March 13|
|8||H||Outer part of House||March 27|
|9||I||Inner part of House||April 3|
|10||J||Framing Finished Pattern||April 10|
Along with the live Flosstubes every Wednesday, we will be having weekly giveaways open to everyone participating. Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Follow both @fatquartershop on Instagram and Lori (@beelori1) on Instagram
- Make the section of the pattern for that week and share it to Instagram by the next date (ex. for the first section, Section A – Fence, stitch the fence and share it to Instagram by February 6 at 11:59 PM CST).
- Use the hashtag #quilterscottagestitchalong and make sure your Instagram is a public profile so we can see your work.
- Follow fatquartershop on Facebook
- Make the section of the pattern for that week and share it to Facebook by the next date (ex. for the first section, Section A – Fence, stitch the fence and share it to Facebook by February 6 at 11:59 PM CST).
- Use the hashtag #quilterscottagestitchalong and make sure your Facebook post is public so we can find your work.
And that’s it! We will be giving away a $50 FQS gift card to one lucky winner each week (*Winners will be chosen at random. Winners will be contacted by FQS to get prize delivery details).
Be sure to grab your materials and tune into our Youtube channel on Wednesday, January 30, for the very first Quilter’s Cottage Stitch Along session!
So excited for this – and looking forward to stitching along!!
I don’t think I’d like to stitch this. The quilts on the bottom are too intense. I like the house and everything else. I guess if I stitched the pattern, I would leave the quilts out/off.
I’m not a quilter, I’m a cross stitcher. That is what I’m comfortabke with.
Thank you however, you will make a lot of people happy with this idea.
I love crossstitching and think the pattern is really nice. Might try it. Need to get on list for pattern.
Trying to find the link for the frame on Amazon.
I’m trying to find the frame link too!
Here’s the link! https://amzn.to/2G7HDG1
Here’s the link! https://amzn.to/2G7HDG1
I placed my order on Monday. I’m hoping to receive it in the mail today. This will be my first sew along and I’m very excited about being a part of it. I haven’t cross stitched in many years, but I love this pattern so much that I decided to pick it up again. Kimberly, I love your live-streams and I love ordering from Fat Quarter Shop!
I wish there were a PDF version available! By the time the pattern would arrive, I’d be perpetually behind. Did I miss an earlier announcement? (Not impossible, given my In Box…)
You can start at any point! The livestreams will be saved to our YouTube channel for future viewing
I am an international costume and I would love a pdf pattern too
Yes, international stitcher here too. Would love a PDF version to be made available
So naturally I am behind and will probably remain that way but- I love everything Lori Holt makes so needless to say I will have to make this to! Total beginner and a perfectionist absolutely can not wait!!!!!
I am looking forward to receiving my supplies and getting started. I love the pattern.
Just ordered my supplies! Very excited!!
Please could a PDF pattern be made available – as a stitcher from NZ, that’d be easier to access.