Welcome to our Garden Party! Sweet, sweet Spring has arrived and we couldn’t be more thankful after the wild winter that we had this year! To celebrate warmer weather and a return to the great outdoors, we’ve gathered 15 quilt and cross stitch patterns that bloom bright.
We hope you’ll join us in the garden for a gathering among the flowers and butterflies. Read on for details on all the patterns and our Garden Party contest!
- Bloom by Cluck Cluck Sew is a simple but precut-friendly quilt pattern that features dainty blooming flowers.
- These beautiful patchwork sunflowers reach up high to the sky! The Scrappy Sunflower quilt by Vanessa Goertzen will make another great addition to your quilt garden!
- Butterflies are an essential friend of any garden! And this adorable quilt features just that. Sew up your own Ombre Flutter Quilt with a Jelly Roll of Ombre Fairy Dust by V and Co or pick up the Ombre Flutter Quilt Kit!
- The Farm Girl Vintage Flower quilt and pillow pattern is a featured project in Lori Holt’s Farm Girl Vintage book. This project is perfect for anyone who appreciates vintage quilt aesthetics, flowers, and scrappy sewing.
- If your quilt garden contains more fruit than it does flowers, then these juicy strawberries will be the perfect garden party addition. Sew up the delicious Strawberry Picking quilt with your favorite red fabrics from your stash!
- Looking to grow a beautiful quilt garden? Join Edyta in her book The Quilter’s Patch, as she helps you plan and grow your garden with each block of this quilt!
- You can sew up a plethora of garden greens with the Garden Sampler Book! This book is for a wonderful block of the month, created by Sherri Falls of This and That Pattern Company. Each new block is inspired by a different herb… basil, mint, oregano, thyme and sew much more …this quilt has your herb garden ready for harvest!
- Give Spring a warm welcome with the Let’s Talk Spring pattern by Hands On Design. This cheery pattern goes through the different phases of change that Spring takes our gardens through… We can’t have a garden in bloom without the nourishment of raindrops!
- Lori Holt’s Stitch Card Set D is another spring-themed cross stitch project! Featured in Set D is an adorable postage-stamp-sized zinnia, watering can, beehive, and a honeybee. These stitchy spring emblems are happy signs that warmer weather is on the way. Stitch up your cards with the corresponding Lori Holt Bee in My Bonnet Stitch Cards Set D DMC Thread Pack!
- Patchwork Seasons is a seasonal cross stitch series inspired by Kimberly’s love of patchwork! Each quarter we are releasing a new piece that you can stitch…but the pattern will be a surprise! Cottontail Patchwork Seasons is our Spring edition, an adorable pastel bunny. This pattern has two corresponding NPI and DMC thread packs.
- Add structure and a vintage feel to your Spring cross-stitch decorations with the Spring Typography pattern by Pine Mountain Designs! This pattern details some of the wonderful things we love about spring, from green grass to birds singing sweetly.
- Put a little bit of pep into your step, and hop right into Spring with the Penelope and Peep cross stitch pattern from Stitching With the Housewives! The details on this pattern are stunning – from Penelope the bunny’s spotted dress, to her baby chicks.
- Put the warmth of Springtime into your cup with the Welcome Spring pattern by Stitching with the Houswives! Watch three beautiful tulips sprout and bloom out of your mug, and note the three cute bunnies that have grown with them.
- These three little homes show their own version of the different habits of Spring. Spring House Trio by Waxing Moon Designs is another fun set of lovely homes to stitch up during this new season, and they will make lovely projects to stitch at the Garden Party!
- Doodle in your springtime designs and aspirations with the Doodles: Spring Cross Stitch Pattern by Heart in Hand Design! This project would make the sweetest springtime gift for a loved one.
We’re giving away a $35 Fat Quarter Shop gift certificate to two lucky winners! Once you have packed your picnic pattern, enter a photo of your quilt top or finished cross stitch piece using #FQSGardenParty on Instagram and be sure to tag us @fatquartershop for quilting or @fqsxstitch for cross stitch. Make sure your profile is public so we can see your post! We’ll be keeping up with your projects using the hashtag #FQSGardenParty. On May 25, we’ll pick two winners at random using the hashtag!
See you in the garden!