We’re back today with another addition to the Shortcut Quilt Series! This is a new Layer Cake quilt that’s popping with color and fun. Kimberly shows you how to piece the Layer Cake Tumble block in our newest video tutorial and we can’t wait to see you make this beginner-friendly quilt!
The Quilt Pattern
The Layer Cake Tumble Quilt Pattern includes options for Lap, Twin, Queen, and King sizes. Ours shown is 63.5″ square finished.
Not only is this a Layer Cake friendly quilt but it also uses Jelly Rolls. It’s perfect to use up what’s in your stash for a scrappy look or pick up a solid junior Jelly Roll to keep it looking like the pattern. There’s even a quilt kit if you want to make one just like ours, but be sure not to forget the backing set that goes with it!
Who is Quilting Along?
Some of our quilty friends are sewing along. You can see their quilts below! Click on each photo to see it in detail and who made it.
- Katy, Katy Quilts, (@katyquilts)
- Afton Warrick, Quilting Mod, (@quiltingmod)
- Tesha, The Cajun Girl, (@the_cajun_girl)
- Stephanie Jacobson, Steph Jacobson Designs, (@stephjacobsondesigns)
- Karen Goad, Karen’s Quilting, (@karenquiltsetc)
- Anne Boundy, Said with Love, (@said_with_love)
Share with FQS