Welcome back to this month’s Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club! This month our color was gray, and it’s sure to delight with this variety of prints and hue.
Let’s see what we made from this month’s fat quarter bundle – a sampling from At Home by Bonnie & Camille, Blackwood Cottage by Wilmington, Kimberbell Basics, Farm Charm by Gingiber, and new kid on the block, Figo Fabrics. The Sew Colorful Monthly Subscription bundle ships on the 29th of each month, and offers a fun way to get a sampling of fat quarters from many collections. Sign up today to get the May bundle!
April Project made by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
Sherri made the Postage Stamp Star Quilt Block from a free pattern by Fat Quarter Shop that’s inspired by a vintage block. One fat quarter each of print and background is the perfect amount to make this 18.5″ block! It would look great as a pillow or made into a quilt with the low-cost quilt pattern. You can learn tips for making this block and see more pics over on Sherri’s blog.
We have an exciting lineup of quilters who will show off their Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club creations each month.
Ten wonderful quilters and designers will be making projects out of each of the Fat Quarter Bundles with us! See the details of their projects each month on our blog and keep up with Sew Colorful fun with #sewcolorful on Instagram!
- January (cream) – Fat Quarter Shop
- February (pink) – Kim Lapacek of Persimon Dreams
- March (green) – Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- April (gray) – Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- May (aqua) – Chelsi Stratton, Chelsi Stratton’s Blog
- June (yellow) – Jen Van Orman of Heritage Threads
- July (dark blue) – Amanda Niederhausen of Jedi Craft Girl
- August (purple) – Melanie Call of A Bit of Scrap Stuff
- September (orange) – Pat Sloan, Pat Sloan’s Blog
- October (black) – Melissa Corry of Happy Quilting Melissa
- November (brown) – Fat Quarter Shop
- December (red) Doug Leko of Antler Quilt Design
Are you looking for more inspiration for using all those lovely prints? Create a constellation of color with the Sew Colorful Stars Quilt!