Welcome to the kickoff of our 2020 Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club! It’s a new year and the start of a new decade! A lot of things may change, but not our love for fabric. It’s a source of inspiration that feeds our love for quilting and sewing throughout the year.
A fun way to satisfy the fabric bug is with a monthly bundle of color-coordinated prints from the Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club. It’s a sampling of fabrics from new collections, with a new color to enjoy each month.
On the third Tuesday of each month, we will be featuring a new project from a talented designer in that month’s featured color sew you’ll have plenty of inspiration.
The first bundle of the year is cream! These backgrounds lend themselves to low-volume look or as a counterpoint to whatever colors you put with them. We’re going to be using them as the background for our Sew Colorful Stars Quilt, a new pattern designed to take advantage of these fat quarter cuts.
The Sew Colorful Monthly Subscription bundle ships on the 29th of each month, and offers a fun way to get a sampling of fat quarters from many collections. The January bundle includes fat quarters from a variety of collections, including Memoirs by 3 Sisters for Moda Fabrics, Breeze by Zen Chic for Moda Fabrics, Playroom by Mister Domestic for Art Gallery Fabrics and Quilter’s Flour, a white on white collection, by Henry Glass.
What to do with all those lovely prints? Create a constellation of color with the Sew Colorful Stars Quilt!
We have an exciting lineup of quilters who will show off their Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club creations each month.
We are sew happy to have 10 wonderful quilters and designers making projects out of each of the Fat Quarter Bundles with us! Be sure to check back each month on our blog to see the details of their projects and keep up with Sew Colorful fun with #sewcolorful on Instagram!
- January (cream) – Fat Quarter Shop
- February (pink) – Kim Lapacek of Persimon Dreams
- March (green) – Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- April (gray) – Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- May (aqua) – Chelsi Stratton, Chelsi Stratton’s Blog
- June (yellow) – Jen Van Orman of Heritage Threads
- July (dark blue) – Amanda Niederhausen of Jedi Craft Girl
- August (purple) – Melanie Call of A Bit of Scrap Stuff
- September (orange) – Pat Sloan, Pat Sloan’s Blog
- October (black) – Melissa Corry of Happy Quilting Melissa
- November (brown) – Fat Quarter Shop
- December (red) Doug of Antler Quilt Design
Join Sew Colorful in 2020
If you are a current Sew Colorful Club member from 2019 or before, you do not need to do a thing. Your membership will continue from year to year. If you’re not yet a member and would like to join, visit this link to subscribe to the Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club today and join in the fun!