How do I love thee? Let me “count” the ways. The Quilty Love cross stitch pattern by Lori Holt is an expression of all the feels for Valentine’s Day with hearts and stars aplenty! Quilt blocks and cross stitch create a charming design, and adding lovable buttons and sweet trim makes it even more memorable.
Next week Kimberly is kicking off the cross stitch along with the Quilty Love Cross Stitch pattern on Tuesday, January 14 at 9 AM CST on our Flosstube channel. The stitch along will continue weekly through to February 12, wrapping up in time for Valentine’s Day!
Lori designed Quilty Love for 10 ct Aida, but it can be used with any size Evenweave.
The Quilty Love Cross Stitch pattern comes with full-color instructions, diagrams and supply list, including suggested DMC and AuriFloss colors. It is printed on durable 11” x 17” cardstock. The cross stitch is designed to work on 10 Count Vintage Cloth and finishes at 9” x 12”. It is designed to fit in an 11” x 14” frame. Lori finished her design with ¼” Cute Little Buttons and Cloud Small Vintage Trim.
Cross Stitch Supplies
Here is what you will need to make the Quilty Love Cross Stitch:
- Lori Holt’s Quilty Love Cross Stitch Pattern
- Cross Stitch Cloth Oatmeal 10 count Vintage Cloth 17″ x 17” (If you’re stitching on 10ct Vintage Cloth, your pattern will finish at 9″ x 12″)
- Cross Stitch Thread We recommend either of the following:
This pattern includes instructions for some cute embellishments, so you will also want to pick up:
- Cross Stitch Needles (we recommend the Tapestry Nifty Needles Tube by Lori Holt or Bohin Tapestry Needles Size 24)
- Q Snap 11″ x 17″ Needlework Frame
Customizing Quilty Love
Although this pattern is perfect for Valentine’s Day, there’s no reason to stick to red, pink and white. A few of our staffers are stitching this up in their own colorways for a completely different look.
Quilty Love Cross Stitch Along Schedule
Every Tuesday or Wednesday at 9 AM CST (see schedule below for Livestream dates), Kimberly will be showing our progress on the Quilty Love Cross Stitch Pattern and showing her tips on making this pattern on our Youtube channel. You can watch our FlossTube episodes live or catch them afterward. Here is the full schedule:
Quilty Love Cross Stitch Along Schedule
|1||Row 1, Quilt Blocks||January 14|
|2||Row 2, Hearts||January 22|
|3||Row 3, Quilt Blocks||January 28|
|4||Row 4, Hearts||February 5|
|5||Row 5, Quilt Blocks, Vintage Trim & Buttons||February 12|
How to Finish the Pattern
The Quilty Love pattern includes instructions for adding the Vintage Trim to the piece. What we traditionally refer to as ric rac gets stitched down in such a way that it creates a lovely secondary pattern. Lori Holt demonstrates this technique of applying trim to a pretty pink apron on her blog. The Small Vintage Trim fits best on 10ct cloth.
Along with the live Flosstubes each week, we will be having weekly giveaways open to everyone participating. Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Follow both @FQSXStitch on Instagram and Lori (@beelori1) on Instagram
- Make the section of the pattern for that week and share it to Instagram by next date (ex. for the first section, Week 1 – get started on the first row and share a photo of it to Instagram by January 13 at Noon CST).
- Use the hashtag #fqsquiltylove and make sure your Instagram is a public profile so we can see your work.
- Follow FQSXStitch on Facebook
- Make the section of the pattern for that week and share it to Facebook by next date (ex. for the first section, Week 1 – get started on the first row and share a photo of it to Facebook by January 13 at Noon CST).
- Use the hashtag #fqsquiltylove and make sure your Facebook post is visible by others so we can see your work.
And that’s it! We will be giving away a $25 FQS gift card to one lucky winner each week (*Winners will be chosen at random from either social platform. Winners will be contacted by FQS to get prize delivery details).
Be sure to grab your materials and tune into our YouTube channel on Tuesday, January 14, for the very first Quilty Love Stitch Along session!