Around the Bobbin’s Coaster Ride Coasters are a fun and novel way to make coasters that are color-coordinated with your décor! They’re cute for your home and they make a nice housewarming gift, too.
You can make your own designer silicone coaster set that protects surfaces against hot, cold and wet beverages. The set of four silicone coasters comes with instructions for completing the coasters with fabrics of your choice and a coaster holder for the set.
Designer Silicone Coasters
To make four Coasters and a Coaster Holder you’ll need:
- Around the Bobbin Coaster Ride Kit
- ½ yard or two fat quarters of fabric
- ¼ yard or one fat quarter of coordinating fabric (we used Ombre Confetti Metallic by V & Co. for Moda Fabrics)
- 13” x 20” double-sided Fusible Foam Stabilizer, such as Bosal In-R-Foam Plus or Pellon 2-sided Flex Foam
- 1/3 yard Cotton woven fusible interfacing , such as Pellon Shape Flex
Walking foot (optional)
Rotary cutter, mat and ruler with 45 degree angle marking
Fabric marking pen
Heavy duty sewing machine needles (such as Schmetz Microtex 90/14 or denim needles)
The Coaster Ride Coasters kit has the full pattern with detailed instructions. We’ve also provided some pictures of the process…
Repeat for each of the other three coasters. Then follow the instructions in the pattern to make the Coaster Holder.
Next time you’re looking for that perfect matching set of coasters for your home or a DIY gift to whip up in an afternoon, check out the Coast Ride Coasters from Around the Bobbin!
Share with #AroundTheBobbin
Be sure to share your projects using #AroundTheBobbin and tag us (@fatquartershop) so we can see and share your work!