Amongst the crocheting and appliqueing, we filmed one more tutorial with Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet when we went to visit the Cozy Cottage: How to Applique with Wool! To celebrate her two new 10″ wool stackers, Lori shows us how to prepare wool to be appliqued and the buttonhole stitch with Lori’s wool threads.
Here’s what you need to applique with wool:
- Riley Blake Linen (Lori is using the Dark Gray in the video)
- Lori Holt Wool: Cool & Comfy Wool 10″ Stacker or Warm & Cozy Wool 10″ Stacker
- Lori Holt Circle Ruler Set (Sizes 2″, 4″, 6″ and 9″)
- Sew Simple Shapes (Lori uses the Autumn Love Sew Simple Shapes)
- Glue or Stapler
- If you use a stapler, Lori used Hemostats to take out the staple
- Lori Holt Wool Threads – either of the below
- Sewing Nifty Needles
Once you get all of your materials together, follow along with Lori’s video tutorial as she shows you how to prepare and adhere your applique shapes to your wool! She also goes over DIY projects that are perfect for decorating your home.
Share your projects with us!
Make your own projects with wool applique! Be sure to tag @fatquartershop and @beelori1 and use the #woolapplique hashtag so we can see and share your work! And all of these images can be repinned on Pinterest so you can share this project with your friends or save it for later!