Hi everyone! It’s Kimberly again! One of my resolutions is to share more about me here on the Jolly Jabber! So, I thought it would be fun to start off with a few fun facts you may not know about me. Get ready, some of these things might blow your mind a little!
- I have four little redheads (Christopher, Will, Peyton & Emma). I have yet to get a picture of them all looking at the camera.
- I’m an indoors kinda gal. I developed my love of crafting by staying inside during the long, hot summers. Pictured below: My Juki, my constant indoors companion.
- My all-time favorite fabric collection is Buttercream and Figs by Fig Tree Quilts, circa 2005!
- I’m a CPA and started my career at one of the Big 6 accounting firms, where I met my husband, Kevin. Although I love numbers, I love fabric way more. True to my CPA roots, I rock this awesome trusty calculator and am a super whiz at Microsoft Excel!
- I have a fascination with criminal research. If I got the chance to shadow a criminal investigative PI, I’d do it in a heartbeat. If you’re one and need a partner, call me.
- I have worn the same nail polish color, OPI Cajun Shrimp, since 1992. It’s the 90’s trend that has stuck with me! It’s also what inspired my Nail Polish Quilt.
- My brother and husband have the same name – Kevin. At family events, everyone’s always asking, “Which Kevin are you talking about?”
- I love Chick-fil-A! I eat it at least two times a week and never change my order.
- When I was young, my grandmother lived a mile away from St. Edward’s University in Austin, TX. Whenever I was being especially naughty, she would walk me to “Dracula’s castle” (aka St. Edward’s University). My grandmother is now 89 and she’s the most awesome, funny, and intelligent lady I know!
- I love 80s rap music. There is and will never be a better band than the Beastie Boys. Before I film my YouTube videos, I listen to the License to Ill album really loudly to pump myself up.
- My favorite city is Las Vegas, Nevada! I love to play blackjack and Pai Gow Poker.
- My all-time favorite TV show is Ducky Dynasty. I recently went on the Duck Commander cruise and had the time of my life. I actually judged an apron competition with Willie and Miss Kay, and Willie asked me if my microphone wasn’t working and I said I wasn’t talking because I was too scared. That is just about the dumbest thing I have ever said in my entire life. I am not sure if I will ever forgive myself.
- I learned to crochet when I was five. I spent an entire summer chain stitching yarn. I would stitch the entire skein, then pull out the stitches and restitch it all over again!
- I loved my father more than anything, and he died when I was pregnant with Emma. He was my biggest supporter, and Fat Quarter Shop would not exist if he and my mom had not cheered me on and believed in me. I inherited his stubbornness and business mind and remember everything he taught me. To a relative who kept trying to give me advice, my mother said, “I’m not sure why you keep trying; the only person she ever listened to was her father, so you might want to stop.” It’s mostly true!
So tell me some fun and interesting things about you in the comments! I know I’m not the only one that loves the Beastie Boys and has an obsession with numbers!