Hello, everyone! We’re back with another fun project you can make with your buttons from the Button Lovers’ Monthly Club! This darling bee applique was designed by Pat Sloan, and Kimberly combined a Simple Zipper Bag with some applique and the yellow buttons from July’s Button Lovers’ Monthly Club box to make her bee bag. SEW cute! Bee sure to check out Pat’s version of the bag, too! She made it with some of her Hometown Girl Fabrics!
Is your quilter’s heart buzzing with excitement over this darling bee bag? Great! Then download our FREE template, get your July buttons, and start stitching. What’s that? Not a member of the club yet?
1. Sew yourself a Simple Zipper Bag, after watching our Simple Zipper Bag video.
2. Using the FREE Bee Template designed by Pat Sloan, trace the bee and scallop on your fabric. Templates are actual size and do not include a 1/4″ seam allowance.
3. Assemble the bee on the scallop, using your favorite applique method.
4. To add the antennae, use the template. Use three strands of embroidery floss and a backstitch.
5. Applique the bee and scallop to your finished bag, using your favorite applique method.
6. Add your fabulous buttons to the bee applique!
Take a peek at Pat’s version of the bag. It’s nearly as sweet as honey!