Diamonds are a girl’s best friend! The Black Diamonds Quilt is elegant and fun. Keep reading for a free Black Diamonds Block tutorial where Kimberly shows how to use the Half Rectangle Trimmer to make diamonds and stars.
About the Black Diamonds Quilt
This quilt pattern finishes at 60.5″ square and is suitable for confident beginners. You can make your quilt just like ours by picking up the Black Diamonds Quilt Kit, which includes the Black Diamonds Quilt Pattern, Half Rectangle Trimmer, and Create by Alli K Designs for Moda Fabrics.
Free Video Tutorial
Making these skinny Sawtooth Star quilt blocks is easy with the Half Rectangle Trimmer by Fat Quarter Shop! Watch the video tutorial to follow along with Kimberly.
You’re ready to get piecing once you’ve got your supplies, including the Half Rectangle Trimmer! If you get stuck, refer to the directions on the Black Diamonds Quilt Pattern or back to Kimberly’s video tutorial to refresh your memory, and don’t forget to pick up a backing set, too!
Some of our quilty friends made versions of the Black Diamonds Quilts, and the results are stunning! Click on each photo to see it in detail and who made it.
- Connie Kresin Campbell, Free Motion by the River, (@freemotionbytheriver)
- Quincy, The Contemporary Quilter, (@thecontemporaryquilter)
- Audrey, The Cloth Parcel, (@theclothparcel)
- Staci, Crafty Staci, (@craftystaci)
- Carrie, Canary Quilts, (@canary_quilts)
- Jennifer, NW Quilted Cat, (@nwquiltedcat)
- Alecia, Chicken Scratch NY, (@csnysewing)
- Christine Slaughter, Stitch ALL The Things, (@stitchallthethings)
Share with FQS
Share your Black Diamonds Quilts with us by using #BlackDiamondsQuilt and by tagging @fatquartershop on Facebook or Instagram.