Welcome back to this month’s Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club! This month our color is pink, and with 15 fat quarters of fabric in the bundle, there’s plenty to love.
February’s fat quarter bundle includes a sampling from Winifred Rose by Christopher Thompson, Bramble Cottage by Brenda Riddle, Just Reds, Fiddle Dee Dee by Me & My Sister and Sun Print by Alison Glass. The Sew Colorful Monthly Subscription bundle ships on the 29th of each month, and offers a fun way to get a sampling of fat quarters from many collections. Sign up today to get the February bundle!
This quilt ticks all the boxes. Scrappy fabrics. Perfect piecing. Insta-worthy photo.
February Project made by Kim Lapacek of Persimon Dreams
The pinks bring some rosy cheer to a cold winter’s day, and that’s especially true with Kim Lapacek’s lovely quilt. The quilt is the Love Machine Pattern designed by Purple Daisies Quilting. What a perfect fit! For backgrounds, she added in the Animalia Edition fat quarter bundle from Art Gallery Fabrics. You can learn how she made this quilt in a flash over on her blog.
We have an exciting lineup of quilters who will show off their Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club creations each month.
Ten wonderful quilters and designers will be making projects out of each of the Fat Quarter Bundles with us! See the details of their projects each month on our blog and keep up with Sew Colorful fun with #sewcolorful on Instagram!
- January (cream) – Fat Quarter Shop
- February (pink) – Kim Lapacek of Persimon Dreams
- March (green) – Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- April (gray) – Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- May (aqua) – Chelsi Stratton, Chelsi Stratton’s Blog
- June (yellow) – Jen Van Orman of Heritage Threads
- July (dark blue) – Amanda Niederhausen of Jedi Craft Girl
- August (purple) – Melanie Call of A Bit of Scrap Stuff
- September (orange) – Pat Sloan, Pat Sloan’s Blog
- October (black) – Melissa Corry of Happy Quilting Melissa
- November (brown) – Fat Quarter Shop
- December (red) Doug Leko of Antler Quilt Design
Are you looking for more inspiration for using all those lovely prints? Create a constellation of color with the Sew Colorful Stars Quilt!
We designed the Sew Colorful Stars Quilt Pattern to be scrappy and colorful. The pattern is written so that you can use 2″ Half Square Triangle Paper to make accurate half-square triangle units.
Club members, we have updated our packaging this year to include a club card that shows each fabric and SKU number. So if you want to find more of a particular fabric, it’s easy to do.
Join Sew Colorful in 2020
If you are a current Sew Colorful Club member from 2019 or before, you do not need to do a thing. Your membership will continue from year to year. If you’re not yet a member and would like to join, visit this link to subscribe to the Sew Colorful Fat Quarter Club today and join in the fun!