It’s time for a new wreath! Fall is here and the holidays are approaching and oh, do we have a treat for you! This DIY Foam Fabric Wreath tutorial is a completely free, no-sew project using your favorite Jelly Roll or any scrappy strips you have hanging around.
This tutorial is sew easy you can make a wreath for every season in a snap. Let’s get started!
This look is easily recreated or made one-of-a-kind with your own twist. You can top your Foam Fabric Wreath with floral decor or whatever “yule” like. We used a Yuletide Grunge Junior Jelly Roll by BasicGrey for Moda Fabrics and decorative flowers to achieve this warm, rustic look.
Watch the Video Tutorial
In this quick tutorial, Kimberly throws together the DIY Foam Fabric Wreath in just minutes! She also shows you other versions of this cute wreath made by staff at Fat Quarter Shop. You won’t want to miss a look at the other designs.
If you are reading via email, please click here to watch the video.
Supplies You’ll Need
These are the supplies you need to make this pattern. You probably even have some already stashed in your sewing room!
- A Jelly Roll or approximately 47 2.5″ x 7.5″ fabric strips (We used the Yuletide Grunge Junior Jelly Roll by BasicGrey for Moda Fabrics)
- Dritz Applique Pins
- Clover Flexible Rubber Thimbles (Optional, but great for keeping your fingers safe from applique pins)
- Creative Grid’s 7.5” Square Ruler
- Embellishments (We used bowl fillers from Micheals)
- 16″ FloraCraft® Extruded Foam Floral Wreath in White
You can find more DIY gift inspiration on Fat Quarter Shop’s DIY Holiday Projects Pinterest Board. Our Fat Quarter Shop Pinterest page is full of tips, tricks and video tutorials for all kinds of projects that you’ll enjoy making, giving, and receiving!
Share with #FQSJollyHoliday